Ok - I got this email from a dear friend today. I don't think I remember seeing this exact one before. Oh boy - it's SOOOOO true!!! The original email includes great pictures. If you want the email with pictures either email me (in my profile) or leave me your email and I'll forward it to you.
For those of you who didn't grow up in the 70's - I'm sorry - you missed a good time!!!
If You Were a Girl in the 70's
- You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with the stethoscope that actually worked.
- You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it.
- You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels.
- You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!!).
- You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.
- You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days.
- You owned a Slip-N-Slide, on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once.
- You owned "Klick-Klacks" and smacked yourself on the face more than once.
- You had either a "bowl cut" or "pixie," not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill." People sometimes thought you were a boy.
- Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.
- You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.
- You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.
- You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits.
- You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once.
- You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color
- You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with the hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt water sandals.
- You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!
- You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink!
- Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" or "feathers" and you kept it "pretty" with the comb you kept in your back pocket.
- When you walked, the "wings" flapped up and down, looked like you were going to "take off!"
- You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.
- You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic. With the thermos inside!
- You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard boys was your boyfriend.
- YOU had Star War action figures too!
- It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizzard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and the sleeping bag.
- You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: "Who will I marry, Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or David Cassidy...?"
- You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record albums.
- You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-sticks, God's eyes, decoupage, or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.
- You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts.
- You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the
- You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.
- You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books (Are you there God, it's me Margaret)
- You thought Olivia Newton John's song "Physical" was about aerobics.
- You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes , or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.
- You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.
- You drowned yourself in Love's Baby Soft - which was the first "real" perfume you ever owned.
- You glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip gloss until is almost dripped off.
(editor's note - I still have my Donny Osmond doll!!!!!!!)