I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Friday, January 04, 2008

Pictures!! Finally!!

Ok - here it is - you may want to get comfortable. Here are pictures from the past month!!!

We went back to the same place as last year to get Alex's picture taken with Santa. It didn't' go as well this year as last year.





Later that night, a friend of mine had a Christmas Party. We spend most of the night hanging out singing Christmas carols. All of her friends brought their instruments. Alex had a GREAT time.



When I play piano, Alex likes to sit with me and play and sing. I love it - and we have so much fun!!!

We also took him to see Playhouse Disney Live. I think he was very overwhelmed, but he was really good. He just sat there and watched the whole thing.

Every year, before Christmas, our church does an Old Fashioned Radio Hour. It's really a glorified Talent Show and it's lots of fun. This year we decided to get all of the kids dressed up to do the nativity.

Here's Alex as we were attempting to dress him as....I guess a shepherd.

Here he is with Jay - I LOVE this picture.

So, we were sitting near the back of the church. Alex signed "read" so I gave him a Bible - it's never too early to start!!

Things went well until we tried to get all of the kids up front. You will see that Alex didn't want to be there - and if you look on the side - you will see me trying to run away.

One of the kids had these reindeer antlers and Alex actually wanted them on!!!

Santa always comes at the end. Although Alex wouldn't sit on his lap, he did get his goody bag. The cup and pencil were the biggest hit. (as was the yummies - also known as M&Ms)

Here are some pictures from Christmas Day.

Jay and I both took a nap. When I woke up, I found Alex and Jay's Dad (Papa Butch) in the Living Room. And this is what I found.

These are those bead things that you put on the form and then heat up with an iron. They were dumping them out and then putting them back in the bucket. I couldn't believe it - but Alex and Papa Butch were having a great time.

Here he is with this three Dora balls in the little Radio Flyer. He spent at least an hour going around in circles in the beads.

Here's another one of my new favorite pictures. This was taken at my friend Michelle's house on the night we went over to have Christmas with her family.

And these are from tonight. I haven't mentioned this much, but my Buckeyes are playing for the Football National Championship, AGAIN!! We play LSU (bring it on Kim and Amanda!!) I decided that it was time to start getting ready for the game (which is Monday night).

So, here's Alex sporting his OSU jammies that my bro and sis-in-law got him for Christmas last year. These are actually 2Ts and they fit pretty good.

GOOOOO BUCKS!!!!!

We hope everyone has a great weekend!!! And to all of you waiting for your Guat babies - we are praying for you. I know that there is going to be a lot of uncertainty in the upcoming months. We will be here until everyone has their children home!!

8 comments:

Soltana said...

Tooo cute pictures!!!

Love the beads!!! Soo funny...I know maybe not to clean up :)

Good luck on your game!!!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Looks like a fun holiday season. Alex is getting so big too!

Donna

Alleen said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the new pics!!!!

Lori said...

Alex is getting soooooooo big!! What a cutie pie!!


I finally figured out Nico's American Heart Association page and found what I believe was your name on it.....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION!! Nico will be sooo thrilled!

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Love the photos! It seems like Santa did not go as well as last year for anyone--difference between a baby and a toddler, huh? He looks so cute and is growing up quickly (too quickly over here--two is just around the corner).

Thanks for sharing. We have missed you, but I know how busy and hard it is to post.

Sarah said...

Kim! He is TOO CUTE! Love all the new pics!

The Hoosier Herald said...

He's going to be a piano player for sure! Love the pictures. He's adorable.

Kim said...

I found your blog through Soltana. Love the pictures, Alex is adorable!