I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wierd Request

Jay just went out to the barn and found the pony laying down in the pasture. Something is wrong with one of his legs. We are waiting for our vet to get done with another emergency to get out here.

Now, the pony is very old, and we didn't expect him to live very long. And I'm not even asking for prayers for the pony at this point. (although I hope he isn't suffering)

I'm asking for prayers for Jay. Pony was his mom's horse. She showed with him A LOT when she was showing horses. When Linda got to the point where she realized that she needed to sell her horses, we agreed to take Pony so he wouldn't have to be sold. (and he has a real name, but we all just call him Pony) If something happens to Pony, I KNOW that this will be hard on Jay. (and probably his dad who is on his way down to visit us again)

Thanks!

(and you must be feeling better, Soltana! That was a great win!!!)


*****EDITED TO ADD******

The vet has been here and it wasn't what we thought it was. It could still be very bad. If Pony makes it through the next 4-6 hours he will probably be ok. If not - the vet will be back to put him down.


*****LAST EDIT*******

Pony had to be put down this morning (Sunday). Jay and his Dad are taking it pretty hard - please keep them in your prayers.

12 comments:

Kelli said...

Animals are great and it is hard when they don't feel well. I hope that things work out and that nothing major is wrong.
I love the new looks of your blog!!! I need to do some redecorating as well. Alex is such a cutie.
Thank goodness that Cats FINALLY won a game!!!

Soltana said...

Poor Pony!!! Cerah sure loved him when we were there :(
Prayers for Jay. Let me know how things go.

YAYA for UK!!! Even though we MISSED IT!!!! We were at the pizza place having Cerah's party..Derek was watching but I thought it was just highlights!!! CRAP!!! Oh well!!! We'll watch ESPN tonight I guess:(

FINALLY they win!!!

The Cook said...

Thinking of you guys especially Jay.

Alleen said...

I hope Pony is ok.

JuJu - said...

Oh man -

I just got to read this and it was over before I finished reading it!

PLEASE give Jay a hug from the Crew and know that we are thinking about you guys and prayign for you too:)

JUlia:)

Lori said...

Thinking of all of you! I'm sorry that this had to happen!

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

So sorry Kim about the pony. I know how hard it is to lose a pet and especially when it is connected to someone you love and miss and it meant a lot to them. It is the significance and symbolism of all that and the feelings and emotions come back and it is another loss.

Our hearts go out to your entire family and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Becca said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. We get very attached to our pets, too.

Becca

Our Family of 5 said...

Oh gosh! It's hard to lose a pet no matter what kind it is. Praying for you all!

nikki said...

So sorry to read your last update!!
Praying for Jay and his Dad, it is so hard to loose a pet.

Sarah said...

So sad that you lost your beloved Pony. I am sure the days have been very rough on all of you. Sending you prayers!

Soltana said...

Sorry to hear about Pony. I know how much you guys loved him.

You're all in my thoughts