Here's an update on the things Alex is up to now.
1. He can stand by himself much better. He can actually keep his balance for a good minute before holding on/falling down.
2. He's starting to take steps - no more than 4 at a time - but he's starting to do it. And he's really proud of himself. :)
3. He is really starting to sign. He can wave hi, bye, and blow kisses. He also signs eat, milk, more, and, according to Jay, he signed Dad. (I didn't see it, but he insists he did) He's really starting to be deliberate with his signs. It's so cute.
4. He's really into putting things inside other things. I know that this is a developmental step, but I love it. He really concentrates.
5. He still LOVES his books. He mostly got books for his birthday from my parents, and my brother and sis-in-law. (and also some from friends who came to the open house) He likes his new books, but "Hippos Go Berserk" is still his favorite.
6. He likes to walk up and down our front sidewalk. (with help, of course)
7. We did bubbles for the first time this weekend. He wasn't too sure what to think.
8. He loves to drink water out of his sippy cup. And - I can now use any sippy cup I have in the house, not just the disposable ones. He gets this look on his face like he's a big boy.
9. My friend Michelle bought Alex a Leo doll (from Little Einsteins) and he LOVES this doll - almost as much as his Oso.
I know many of you watched the video of his morphing into a Smurf - but here are some pictures.