I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Florida Anyone?

I know that many of my blogger buddies live in Florida. I've not paid a lot of attention to exactly where everyone is - and my geography is horrible anyway. :)

Are any of you from the Ft Myers/Naples area? If so, please email me. kimhartz@hotmail.com

(we are going to be there in a couple of weeks)

We are also in our official days of mourning at our house. Our beloved Buckeyes lost to Illinois this weekend, so we are no longer #1 and will not be playing for the National Championship. I'm a little disappointed. We really weren't supposed to have a good team this year - it's just that everyone else kept losing and we kept winning.

The thing I think I'm most upset about is that my boss (Hi K.!!) is a LSU fan, and we were going to try to get together to watch the game if they played each other for the National Championship. :)

The BIG GAME is Saturday - Noon - at the Big House (Michigan). The whole season will be worth it if we beat Michigan.

I'm also a single mom this week as Jay is out of town. We'll see how I do. (and yes - for all of the single moms who read this - I'm a big baby!!) Alex decided it was no nap Sunday again today, so it's been a good start!! :) The worst part is taking care of the horses. Not that it's that difficult - but I have to try to work that into my day both morning and night - with an 18 month old!!

Can you believe that we're only a week and a half from Thanksgiving?? Where has the fall gone?!?!?

I still have some pictures on my camera I need to get off. Here are a couple that my father in law took at Halloween. Papa (as Alex started calling him) came and spent a week and a half with us. It was nice to have him here. He started working on our basement. We are putting in a bathroom, kitchenette/bar and family room.

(Ok - Blogger won't let me put pictures up - I'll try later)

9 comments:

Nan and Dan said...

Hi!
We live just south of ft. myers in bonita springs, we would love to get together!!!
n k tdft@aol.com

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

You will do great as a single mom. I will admit that it is the hardest job that I have ever had but it is very rewarding and I love every second.

Soltana said...

I was going to call you this weekend to express my deepest sympathies... but I didn't want to interupt your mourning :( I know how sad you are:(

You'll do great while Jay is gone.
Larry starts bball tomorrow so I'm a "single" mom until about MARCH!!!!

JuJu - said...

You go girl - you can do it all - I have total faith in you:)

Alleen said...

I wish we lived closer to Ft. Meyers, but we're about 3 1/2 hrs away.

I soooo am a big baby when I have to do the single mom thing for a day or two. My hat is off to all of the single moms out there that do it day in and day out.

Debra said...

We live in Palm Harbor/Clearwater which is just north of FTM/Naples by 2.5-3 hours. We got engaged in Naples on the beach at sunset. I love that place!

The Cook said...

How about you go to Florida via illinois? Sounds good to me!

jajbs said...

Your boss must be a great person (GEAUX LSU!!!) LOL. :)

amanda

nikki said...

I believe in you Kim, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing the single mom thing next week, let me know if you come across any tips for me, like how to take a shower with an 18 month old watching and crying.