I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Quick Update

My week as a single mom has been very trying!!

Last week I ended up with this crud that's going around. My symptoms have mostly been a horrible cough and general exhaustion.

So, Jay left Sunday morning. I had to both teach Sunday School and play piano for church. Alex did pretty good. We then went out to eat after church, Alex slept on the way home and then decided to not finish his nap.

Monday - around 7:00 that evening Alex came over and crawled in my lap. He had a fever - 102. I gave him Motrin, but we had a rough night. Between Alex being restless, the cat wanting in and out, and my coughing, I didn't get to sleep until 3:30 am - and then was up at 5:30!!

Tuesday morning - Alex still had a fever but wasn't showing any other symptoms of anything. I was a bad mommy. I gave him some Motrin and sent him to daycare. I got a phone call at 1:45 that he had a 102 fever. By the time I got to daycare it had gone up to 104. I was able to get into the doctor right away. Ear infection in one ear.

Today - I debated and debated this morning about sending him to daycare so I could go to work. I just couldn't do it! So, I was home again today.

Alex is doing better. In fact, I didn't even have to give him any Motrin before putting him to bed. I hate it when he is sick. He's just not himself!! I wish I could say the same thing about myself. I need to sleep - and I need to take my cough medicine - but I can't do that until Jay gets home. (my cough medicine knocks me out and makes me loopy!!)

Jay is home tomorrow night - and I can't wait!!!

8 comments:

Farrah said...

We have the same stuff around here, Madisyn had the fever and the Ear infection for her too.
Me I just can't breath a lick outta my nose.
Single parenting is great isn't it.
My hubby works two jobs so he is gone day and night...YEAH for me...

Michelle Smiles said...

It is so hard doing the single mom gig when dad is gone. And doing it sick?!? Poor girl. I hope you get a long nap when he gets home. And some pampering from him - you deserve it.

Soltana said...

You poor thing..and poor Alex too:(
Sorry you guys are feeling so bad... but that yucky stuff is everywhere!!!

Hope you feel better soon....

Katie said...

I am glad Alex is doing better ...it is sooooo exhausting when they are sick !!!

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Wow! Poor you--you and Alex sick at the same time and Jay away. It is so hard to take care of a toddler 24/7 by yourself even it you are 100%. You lived through it though!!!

Good job MOM!

Glad Alex is feeling better and I hope you can get some rest and cough medicine when Jay gets home.

Natalie said...

Oh hun...I'm so sorry this has been such a cruddy week. Glad to hear that Alex is feeling better and that Jay will be home tonight...now maybe you can get some much needed rest.

nikki said...

Hope you feel better soon!! At least the week is over!!! Have a nice relaxing weekend!!!
Glad Alex is feeling better!!

jajbs said...

Oh, Kim, I am just catching up on some blog and am hoping that by now, things have gotten MUCH better! Hope you have a great weekend!!

amanda