I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Alex's Birthday Dinner

I didn't want to call it a party, as I didn't want anyone to bring him presents - but no one listened to me. :)

Here are some pictures. (I realized, again, yesterday that I'm horrible at taking pictures. I'd rather enjoy the event then take pictures of it. Is that horrible? Am I going to regret that later on? I don't know - it's just not something that I'm used to doing)
The theme was Dora. (It was almost Disney Princesses, but decided to stick with Dora)
While we were waiting for everyone to arrive (including the pizza which was 25 minutes late) Alex thought it would be fun to start his cup stacking career.
We had pizza for dinner - Alex's favorite.


Alex got some great gifts, but I can't post most of the pictures. These are even pushing it!! (It was hard to get pictures of just Alex without all the other kids in there)

He enjoyed having everyone sing Happy Birthday to him, but wasn't sure what to do after that. Needless to say, the 2 1/2 to 3 year olds in the room took care of the candle for him!!

We had a great evening. I'm so glad we decided to do something small and low key. It kept my stress level way down.

In fact, here's the funny story. Our plan was to order pizza from our local pizza place in our small town. We love their pizza and it would be very easy for Jay to run over and pick it up. I called at about 3:45 to order the pizza to be ready by 6:30. The main guy answers the phone and proceeds to tell me that they are closed!!! What??!?!? Come to find out, they are always closed on Derby Day (today) and last year they were open on Oaks Day (Friday before) and they had horrible business. They decided, this year, to be open for lunch but to close for the evening. So, here I sat, about 3 hours before the party with no pizza!! I ended up calling Papa Johns in the town next door and they would deliver, so it ended up being fine. (even though they were late)

7 comments:

nikki said...

Looks like Alex really enjoyed himself.
I always would rather enjoy myself than take pictures, so I take all my pictures in the beginning and then enjoy myself. Sometimes I miss some great shots, but I'd rather have the memories than the picture.

Soltana said...

How cute!!

The yummy pizza place just down the road?? YUMMY...but PJ is good too..

I'm glad you guys had a great party!!

Robyn said...

What adorable pics!! Happy Birthday Alex!!

Robyn

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday, Alex!!!

Lori and Robby said...

Happy Birthday, Alex! Looks like you had a fabulous day!

Becca said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy, AlEx!!!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Lori said...

Wow! He's Two!! That seemed super fast! What a handsome two year old!! Happy Belated Big Boy!!