I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Daycare

Well - we survived our first day of daycare. I cried (ok bawled) almost the whole way into work. And - that's saying something - it's a 40 mile drive!!!

Alex seemed comfortable there. He didn't cry, which made it easier on me. My day went very slow. He did smile and laugh at me when I went to pick him up! I think the bonding thing has actually happened.

He didn't sleep much today. He's going to have to learn how to sleep at daycare or we are going to have very short evenings with him!!

I'm so glad I don't go into the office the next two days - Monday-Wednesday will be just perfect!

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I think we are going to survive. :)

4 comments:

nikki said...

I've been dying for your post. I'm so glad it went well.

HollyGee said...

Happy to hear it wasn't so bad. I'm glad I don't have to leave G, I'd probably smuggle her to work everyday, with me, and hide her in a drawer or something.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I am so glad that daycare went well. Hope things continue to go well. Thinking about you.

Happy said...

Oh, SBP, I'm glad to hear you successfully survived.