I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Friday, January 26, 2007

Our Week


Alex went with me to work yesterday. We had a staff meeting that I didn't want to miss, so I just brought him along. He was PERFECT!!! How did I get such a perfect child? He just sat on my lap playing with the toys I brought. He babbled at the inappropriate moments which made people laugh - but actually sat there for an hour and half. :)

He's still stuffed up, but it's getting better. He's starting to crawl for real - and actually pulled himself up today for the first time. I'm excited, but not sure I'm ready for him to be completely mobile.

The picture above is of him watching a Signing Time video. He still isn't signing back, but I think he's starting to understand a few signs. (milk and eat)

(Oh - and that's not what my couch looks like. We have old couches that we let the dog lay on. Because of that, we keep old comforters and sheets on the couches to try to keep the dog hair in control.)

7 comments:

Alleen said...

How on earth do you get him to just lay there and watch something??? Oh my goodness. Gabriella simply WILL NOT sit still for anything, EVER! She has to be in constant motion. It's exhausting.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad he is feeling better. I bet he was the center of attention at your job.

Happy said...

Don't feel like you have to explain the couch cover-dog thing (totally understand we have josie the hyper). I know whenever coworkers bring their children into work they are always the focal point, the kids love it, and head straight for the junk food stash on one of the offices.

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

I'm so getting the signing videos. I've heard such great things.

And Girl-we don't care what your couch looks like-we only want to see ALex. MORE PICS PLEASE..

Megan

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

I hope my comment about your couch didn't sound harsh. What I meant was no one was looking at your couch. Don't fret.

Megan

Anonymous said...

If you think he is understanding, then he IS! It always a takes a little while for that first sign to come, but once he gets it - the rest will come like a landslide. I have 2 close friends that have adopted from Guatemala - one couple is in the process of adopting their second child and we are all anxiously waiting for the call to book the tickets. Best of luck to you!

Crystal said...

I love love love love pics of Alex--that is just so peaceful of him sitting like that --Caleb would have never sat still at that age now Emma she is a differant story--so calm and laid back!!!

hey you--I probably already told you this but Thank you so much for my comments I still can't believe she is home!!!!