I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Friday, January 12, 2007

It Works!!!!

I don't know about you guys, but I really stressed about being a first time mommy. There are so many things that I just don't know about.


I did find out today that my mommy's intuition works!! Alex still wasn't feeling well, and we were debating on whether or not to take him to the doctor. He still wasn't running a fever, but he was still all stuffed up and he started to get a cough.


So, I decided to take him to the doctor today. He didn't have any of the cold in his chest (and I was beginning to feel like a dork for taking him in). Then the doctor checked his ears. He has the beginning of a double ear infection. It looks like we caught it early enough to not cause him too many problems.


After we got home, he slept a lot and he's been running a fever this evening. He is REALLY not feeling well. It's quite heart breaking. I hope he'll be feeling better in a couple of days - antibiotics and Tylenol are my new friends.


This picture wasn't taken today, but it's a good indication of how he's been acting today.



5 comments:

Crystal said...

Caleb has an ear infection too!! I feel so bad when they are sick!! :o( You are such a good mommy!! I love it when mommy intution works and I think I really do know him!!! :o)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Poor, poor baby boy. That face is so sad. You are a great mommy. I sure hope he feels better soon.

Natalie said...

Poor little guy! That stuff is going around right now...no fun! Hope he gets feeling well soon.

Happy said...

Oh, poor little guy.

Alleen said...

Aw, poor little fellow. He'll be better soon with the antibiotics.