I've been tagged to tell 8 things about me. Here we go!!
1. I didn't have any alcohol until my 21st birthday - really!! :)
2. I play the piano, trombone, flute and I sing. I love to make music!! (I was almost a music therapy major)
3. My life long dream is to perform on Broadway. This is one of those - if I had my life to live over type things. I LOVE musicals. (drives Jay nuts!!!!) I've only been to one show actually in New York. (Into the Woods) My favorites right now are Aida (the Walt Disney - Elton John one), Avenue Q (saw it in Vegas at the Winn - LOVE IT!! So hilarious!!), and Once on This Island. I want to see Wicked SO BAD!!!
4. Me, my husband, my brother and my sis-in-law all have advanced degrees. I have my Master's in Library Science, Jay has his Masters in American History, my brother has his MBA, and my sis-in-law is a vet. Between the four of us - that's a lot of school!!!
5. In my first life I was a special education teacher (jr. high and high school), in my second life I was a librarian (at the American Printing House for the Blind and at my current employer), and I now work for a Consulting firm. (and no - I don't believe in reincarnation - that's just how many different careers I've had)
6. We have three horses. Two girls and a pony. They are a lot of fun - but they are mostly Jay's - he does the most with them. (I married into the sickness)
7. I collect Longaberger Baskets. My mother-in-law got me started. (she used to have a business where she made custom liners for the baskets) I'm inventorying my collection (as well as Linda's) Linda has 120. I have close to 50 right now, and I still have the upstairs to go through!!
8. I LOVE football - I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE football. High school, college, pro, arena league - I don't care!! I really like Ohio State Football (and any Ohio State sports). For the pros, I'm a Browns fan at heart - but they have just been terrible lately. I also follow the Colts - because they are close to where I live, and my brother is friends with a couple of the players. (and we get ESPN the Magazine at our house, and it comes in my name!!)
Ok - that's probably more than any of you ever wanted to know about me!!
(and on the Alex front - he has a double ear infection!! I don't know what I'm going to do with this kid - he's been so sick lately!! Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly!)