I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Thoughts

I'm sitting here on my couch at 10:00 on Christmas Eve. Jay is on the other couch (almost asleep), the dog and cat are hanging with him. Alex is sleeping. We met Jay's parents at their hotel tonight for Chinese and then went to the Christmas Eve service at church.

All I can think about is that last year at this time we were still TTC. We hadn't decided on adoption yet. We had talked about it - I had researched it - but we hadn't made our final decision.

It was Christmas last year that we made the final decision - and here I am with a child.

It was all I could do to not cry through the entire service tonight. We are so blessed with an amazing child, and our lives will never be the same. Not just because we are now parents, but because we have brought this amazing child, and his heritage, into our family. Our family tree is forever changed and I couldn't be happier.

To all of you who brought your babies home this year - enjoy your Christmas. For those of you who are waiting to bring your babies home - I pray that next Christmas you are enjoying them around your tree. For those of you who have yet to know who your future child will be - I pray that the new year brings you the same amazement that this past year has brought to me.

My God bless you and your families. Merry Christmas

7 comments:

Happy said...

Hopefully this year will be the year to become parents.

Have a fantastic Christmas!!!

Jodi Crubaugh said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

JuJu - said...

I second all of those emotions!!
Merry Christmas!!

Julia:)

Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly! Looking forward to 2007 with Alexis Rose.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Hope you had a great Christmas with little Alex. I can't wait until next Christmas when I can look back and have all of the same thoughts and be thankful that my little Maya is home.

Lori said...

Thank you for those sweet sentiments. We too are praying our little Sonja home and can't wait to celebrate around our tree! Hope you Christmas was more then you could imagine!! Merry Christmas!

Crystal said...

What a differance a year makes!!! I had chills reading this!!! I hope you had a wonderful very special Christmas hugging on that precious little boy!!!!