I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm the Happiest Mommy in the World!!!!!

One of the important things when adopting a child is making sure that your child becomes attached and bonded to you. There are lots of books - lots of ideas - lots of things to try. You talk to people and you hear lots of ways to make sure that your child is bonded to you.

I've taken a modified approach. I've done some things that the "experts" say you are supposed to do, but I haven't gone to the extreme.

That said, I've been worried about Alex's attachment to me. I've been his main caregiver for the past 8 weeks. But - he's such a good kid. He hardly ever crys, he's happy all the time, and he's a major flirt. I keep asking Jay if we are raising a future serial killer!

I was playing with Alex tonight on the floor. Jay came in the room and got down on the floor to play with him. I left the room, and Alex started crying. I came back in the room, he turned around, saw me and reached for me!!!!

I can't begin to explain how happy this made me feel!!!! I was just about crying. How is it possible that my child crying can make me so happy?????

1 comment:

JuJu - said...

I really think Alex looks like John-Bryan did at that age!

Julia:):)