I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day 2 - The Birthday Party and Family Night

Alex and I had a big day planned for Sunday. We were leaving at around 9:00 in the morning to make the 3 hour trip to Soltana's for Derek's birthday.

First of all - Jay thought I was crazy. He couldn't believe that I would take our child - on a road trip - to meet someone that I had only "talked" to over the internet. (which wasn't exactly true - we did talk on the phone!!) I guess I wasn't nervous about it. He did make me promise to call when I got there to make sure that they didn't have us tied up in chains in the basement. ;)

The trip went well - Alex slept for most of it.

Then we got to meet Soltana and her family!! It was so awesome!!! Derek was having fun playing with his friends, and Cerah kept trying to escape! We had a GREAT time. Here are some pictures from the day.








For even more (and better pictures) check out Soltana's blog.

We had a wonderful time - they didn't chain us up in the basement - and we CAN'T WAIT until they come to Kentucky at the end of August!!!

By the way - I was showing Alex a picture of Cerah yesterday from Soltana's blog. He got all excited - leaned in and kissed the computer screen and then tried to give it a hug. SO CUTE!!!

We then drove back to Wiliamsburg (another 3 hours!) and got back to the room in just enough time for us to 'freshen up' and then head out for our Sunday evening event - Family Night!

Family Night took place at the Governor's Palace in Colonial Williamsburg. A drum and fife group came to our hotel and "marched" us over to the Palace. It was hot, but it was really cool. There was food, drink, and cool stuff going on.







The food was good - Alex was still on his protein and vegetable strike! (and of course he was charming EVERYONE that he saw - those old political southern ladies just couldn't get enough of him!!)

They had some old toys available for the kids to try. Here's Alex "playing" with the hoop thing. (you know that hoop that the kids would hit with a stick to make it roll over the ground) He didn't quite get the idea, but had a lot of fun hitting things with the stick.









We then went over to the outdoor stage where they had storytellers/singers/jugglers/etc.


Here was Alex relaxing!


Look how sweaty he is!! (and he's eating a "cookie" - at least that's what we call Fig Newtons!!)

We ended up going back to the room around 9:00. They were going to shoot off fireworks, and we weren't sure how Alex would handle them. He was also very tired (as was mommy).

It was a LONG day - but we had so much fun!!

9 comments:

Soltana said...

We can't wait either!!!

They are too cute!! Love the hoops!!! He looks like he ahd a full day..

Thanks agin Jay for letting them come visit !!!! See ya soon

The Cook said...

I am looking forward to meeting you too. Seriously, how cute is Alex?/!!!1

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

So cute and looks like so much fun!

Glad you weren't kidnapped, bound and locked in the basement. Soltana and her family appear to be safe. it is funny how our husbands don't understand our bond of friendship with people we met on the Internet!

I feel like our blogging community are all my friends and wouldn't think twice about meeting any of you!

Bekah said...

Love the hoops as well. He looks like he had a great time. He does look really tuckered out there in some of the pictures. He is adorable.

Alleen said...

What fun!! It's funny how the DHs just don't understand the bond we all have.

nikki said...

How cool, isn't bloogland just the best, so many new friends. Looks like Alex had a great time at the party!!
Did I ever say how much I love his little rompers, so cute!!!

JuJu - said...

GREAT pics:)

Julia:)

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun! I feel the same way about my blogger friends... which reminds me... are you going to Guatoberfest? We should caravan from the 'ville!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Debra said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. Alex is to cute. Thanks for sharing!