I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Monday, August 13, 2007

My Mommy and Daddy Told Me to Blog This

Here's what Alex did today.

He woke up today just cranky. He threw all of his breakfast off on the floor, screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed. (do you get the picture?) I took him into the family room and asked him if he hurt somewhere. (I signed where, hurt) He signed hurt back to me and then pointed in his mouth. I looked in there and sure enough - he has two more pre-molars coming in!! Poor baby!! We just loved on him and gave him some Motrin and then he seemed to do better.

Then, tonight, he and I were playing. It was about 15 minutes before I was going to start thinking about getting him ready for bed. He walked over to me, help up his hands to be picked up, and then signed sleep. I changed his diaper, put him in his jammies and put him in his crib. He didn't make a peep and was asleep within 5 minutes.

I still amazed at what he can tell me!!!

(and yes, my parents insisted that I blog about this!!)

9 comments:

Alleen said...

Wow, what a smart boy you are!!!!!!!! Can you teach Gabriella????

Farrah said...

He is really good...Way too go Alex
I wish Madisyn could tell me sometimes what is wrong!!!

Kelly said...

VERY cool. We are trying the baby sign but...I get "eat" every now and then and that's about it. Sigh.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

You are one smart cookie Alex.

Crystal said...

hey hey!!!! Kim that is amazing!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Can you come back and teach Sophie for a week?--please?!!!!!!! I am really going to look into this!!!! :O)

I am so sorry I have missed so much --now that summer is winding down and we are going to be on more of a schedule I will have more time at night--I will be a better blogger friend!!! :O)

Doripink said...

Kim! Alex is soooo cute and smart!!! I will tell Annalise to to bring the pennies to Atlanta and she'll teach Alex all the hand motions for Blackjack as well! LOL! HIT...STAY....it'll be a hoot! See you soon!
Dori

Soltana said...

Too cute!!! Cerah is ready for her lesson when she gets there :)

Very smart kid!!

Lori and Robby said...

That boy is amazing!!!

LouLou said...

Girl,
I will PAY you to come teach AP how to tell me what the HECK is wrong with her in the middle of the night! Can Alex come teach AP his sleeping techniques???? You always leave the sweetest posts for me, and I am falling in love with your Alex as I am getting to know him on your blog.....