I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Recap

What a weekend!!


As I said earlier, my mom came for a quick visit. It was nice to have her here. She got to play with Alex, see his tumbling class, find out what he's like without a nap, and she made applesauce!!


Mom left Friday morning after Alex went down for a nap. He ended up sleeping for 4 hours. He was tired!!! Friday night the youth group at our church had a parent's night out. So, we took Alex up to the church along with Michelle's kids and Tami's kids and the 6 of us (our DH's included) had an adult night out.


You know - I can't begin to explain how much I needed that - and I didn't even know it!! We had a great time. We went out to dinner and then over to Tami's house to play games. It was only our 8 kids up at the church, so we went and picked them up about 30 minutes early because we were starting to feel guilty. ;) We had a great time, and I can't wait to do it again.


Saturday, I was back up at the church at around 9:30 to help set up for Vacation Bible School, then I had to run errands and ended up back at home around 2:00. We wend over to Michelle's house for dinner and Alex had a great time playing with the kids (like he always does!)


Today was a long day!! I was at church early to help put the finishing touches on our VBS. We did it different this year and had it all in one day instead of spread out through an entire week. It was a great day - a little hot (most of it was outside) - but much better than it could have been since before Thursday we had somewhere around 10 days in a row of the temps being above 100 degrees.


The coolest part of our VBS is that we decided that our mission project was to support Mayan Families, and specifically their shoe program. We had the kids bring shoes that we are going to have shipped down to Guatemala. I haven't counted the number of shoes we collected, but it looks like it may be close to 50 pairs. (our church is very small - we have around 60-70 people a Sunday) We still have some collection points around town that we need to check, so I'm hoping it ends up being more than that. Now I just need to raise the money to cover the shipping!


Sorry I don't have any pictures from the past weekend. Jay has the camera and I don't know where it it. So, here's an old one.


Hope everyone has a great week. Pray for all of those in the path of Dean - and please pray for the babies still in Guatemala. Things are not pleasant there right now. We are all hoping that things get better after the presidential election in a couple of weeks.


5 comments:

Krystal said...

The mission project sounds like a huge success! That is awesome!!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

WOW!!! Your weekend makes me tired. That is great about the shoes. I am glad it was such a success.

Soltana said...

I TOTALLY need an ADULT night out!!! Sounds like you guys had a
lot of fun.
1 more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alleen said...

Awesome collection of the shoes!

Cute pic, even if it's not a new one :-)

nikki said...

Sounds like you had a great ADULT night out!
How awesome that you guys collected all those shoes!!!