I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, August 26, 2007

One Year Ago Today....




..... I held Alex for the first time. I can't believe that it's been a year. How is that possible?
I was supposed to get Alex on my birthday last year, but we had major flight problems, and instead of arriving in Guatemala at around noon on the 25th, we arrived at 10:30 pm. Our agency normally doesn't bring babies on the weekend, (I really don't blame them - they have to have their own life at some point in time) but they did bring Alex to us on Saturday. We were only there for a couple of days, but I'm still so glad that we visited. It was SOOO worth it.

8 comments:

JuJu - said...

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

I love those pics!!!!! How precious - nothing like those sweet memories we all got to make in Guatemala - time stood still the day I met John-Bryan:)I know it did for you as well:)

Soltana said...

How cute is he!! Waht a great birthday present!!!

Bekah said...

a whole year gone by. amazing. he is precious.

Alleen said...

Isn't it great to relive these great memories??? He was such a little peanut!

nikki said...

Ohhhh his was so tiny. I bet that was one memorable birthday!!!!

Sarah said...

Awww... so tiny and precious! Isn't it amazing how a year can pass by so quickly?? Alex is so adorable!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Farrah said...

He was so sweet and his face hasn't changed a bit...
Priceless

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Wow! YOu visited when I started fostering. Too bad I didn't know you then.

The visits are so hard but SO worth it. We have those memories forever! That is amazing that you met him so close to your birthday! BEST present EVER, huh??

Love the little baby photos! He still has that same cute face!