I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Can't Believe It

I'm still in shock!! Jeannie (and I think Marie was in the room also!) called me this morning. She sounded a little down. She said she had been reading the blog and could tell I wasn't having a good week. She also commented on my post from last night about PGN man being on vacation. She then asked me if I wanted my week to be better.

I don't think I said anything for awhile. I didn't know what to say or do. Of course, I then started bawling. :)

I just can't believe it. He is ours....officially.....forever...(oh no!! - wait - that's a good thing)

We now have to wait a couple more weeks before we travel. It could be anywhere from 4-6 depending on how quickly we get his new birth certificate - get the paperwork translated back to English, etc. It would be really cool if we traveled on Jay's birthday (the 19th of October) since we did the visit trip on my birthday.

The grandparents are thrilled, and I think mom may have already started packing. The timing does work out perfectly with my work. I was planning on taking off about 9 weeks, so I'll be off until the end of the year.

I have a lot to do at work to get prepared for this trip. But, today, I left at 4:30 - got home - and immediately went to bed. I slept for about an hour until Tyler called to see if we wanted to go out to dinner with them. (Today is Tyler's 8th birthday) How do you say no to an 8 year old??

I'm getting ready to go back to bed. I haven't slept well in weeks, so my body is ready for some good sleep.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers. Alex is coming home!!!

No comments: