I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Friday, September 22, 2006

You Gotta Love Ohio

I was in Columbus today for my Aunt's funeral. My whole family was there (extended family).

My cousin stopped by her kid's daycare to pick them up and bring them to the lunch. She has a 2 1/2 year old girl and a nine month old boy. Her little girl showed up with an Ohio State sticker on her cheek.

Come to find out, they had an "Ohio State Tailgating Party" at her daycare today. They learned the O-H-I-O cheer, listened to "Hang On Sloopy," and had tailgating food (but no beer that I'm aware of).

How awesome is that? Only in Columbus do they start brainwashing the kids at such a young age. I guess Jay and I are going to have to brainwash Alex ourselves.

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

Why doesn't that surprise me? Those people need some kind of pro team so they can ease up on the college kids! It always cracks me up to see all of the OSU fans...who didn't go to OSU and have no affiliation to OSU. (Spoken like a bitter OU alumni who had to always say "no, it's not the same as Ohio State". LOL)