I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Alex Goes to Washingtion

Ok - maybe not Washington - but Frankfort, KY (the state capitol).

Alex and I went and spent the day with Jay at the Kentucky State Senate. Of course everyone thinks he's the cutest and best baby ever. (and of course they are right!!)

Alex was introduced on the floor of the Senate by our State Senator. Jay's going to try to get a digital copy of the video, and there were a couple pictures taken that I'll post as soon as I get them.

What I didn't know is that Alex was named an honorary page for the day. Pages are usually elementary/middle school kids that come and spend the day with a Senator or Representative. They get introduced, they get a nice certificate, and get to see how the legislator works. They usually get to sit in their legislators seat for part of the session, and may be asked to "run errands" for the legislator. (get water, take a note to another member, etc.) I didn't know that they were going to make Alex a "page." We are going to take his certificate along with the picture that was taken and frame it for him.
He has no choice - he lives in a political family!! He better get used to it now.
Alex also has his first girlfriend. Alex is in love with one of the girls that Jay works with. He lights up when she walks in the room, and he giggles, smiles and flirts with her like you would not believe. She thinks he's pretty cute too, but I think the 21ish year difference might be a problem. :)




Here he is in his "froggy" towel that he got from Aunt Jamie and Uncle Chris.

10 comments:

Lori said...

How cool!

Stephanie said...

wow ..what a day he had! and..a little froggy too!
too cute!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is great!!! A star at such a young age. Love the frog towel.

Alleen said...

Ah, what a fun day!! And what a cutie in that froggie towel

Soltana said...

sounds like you guys had a great time... LOVE the froggie towel!!!!
Soltana

JuJu - said...

Alex - you and that froggy towel are the CUTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia:)

Mindy said...

Oh I ADORE the foggy towel. What a FUN day and how cool! He is SUCH a sweetie!
Hugs

Natalie said...

That is awesome!

Crystal said...

Can I just tell you what a cutie patootie you have there!!! oooh He is soooo cute!!! I just want to kiss those cheekies!!! He really is so so so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am lovin the frog towel!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I made the blog... as the girlfriend! Hahaha... He is too cute!