I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, March 25, 2007

He's Growing Up!!

My little guy is growing up and I don't think I like it!!

He has pretty much grown out of his 9 month clothes!! We are on to 12 month stuff now. All of his clothes are now "big boy" clothes - no more cute one piece outfits that make him look like a baby. He's eating more and more big people food - and he loves to feed himself. We have the gates up (thanks Holly!) and he is moving all over the place.

And the kicker.....


He's now too big for the baby carrier. :( When we went to the doctor, he weighed in at 19 lbs 12 1/2 ounces! Jay just took the carrier base out of the cars, and installed the convertible car seats. Its makes me sad that he's growing up so quick. He'll be 11 months a week from tomorrow!! Where did the time go??

10 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

He is getting so big. They do grow up a lot faster now, it seems.

Unknown said...

it's so crazy!! sammi is almost to big for the car seat too! "they grow up so fast!" hehee

Alleen said...

I sooo know how you feel. I just spent a couple of hrs today going through all of Gabriella's clothes and putting away the stuff she's outgrown - three huge bags worth.

Crystal said...

Hey you --I am catching up here!!! We really do have to get together!!! I would love to meet you and ALex someday Kim!!!! So sorry I haven't had a chance to e-mail we have just been busy and I am behind on everything including laundry!!! ugh!!!!

I know they grow way too fast --I am amazed how much our baby girl has grown just in two months!!! ooh If I could just freeze time for a bit you know?!!!!

Soltana said...

TOOO cute!!! It always seems a shame to buy sooo many clothes because they do grow SOOO fast!! But then agagin it's ALWAYS fun to shop for more :)
Soltana

Veronica & Todd's Journey said...

Oh don't tell me that a 19lb'er is too big for the carrier. I haven't even got to use Meredith's carrier yet!!!! So I guess daddy will just have to put the big girl car seat in for her trip home. OH WELL I DON'T CARE. MEREDITH IS COMING HOME!!!!

nikki said...

I feel the same way. Wow 19lb's, you go Alex.
Now where are the pictures of your little man.

Lori and Robby said...

Just catching up on my blogs -- and he is walking with a walking toy! He looks like he is a pro with that! And yes, I was amazed at how fast spring came. We got back home late last night and it was still warm -- warmer than Guatemala!

HollyGee said...

They grow out of the clothes sooo fast. I've been buying those XXL Ziploc bags and am working on filling up #5 right now. My sister's better have girls.

We need pics!!!

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

I know how you feel. They do grow up so fast. It is bittersweet. We want them to grow and develop, but we also want to hold on to those baby times. I cannot believe Savannah is a year.