I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Are There More Out There?

I haven't been able to sleep lately. I had insomnia really bad during Alex's adoption. I've been trying to figure out what my problem is.

I think I've figured it out.

I want to adopt another baby from Guatemala. By itself, this wouldn't seem like a big deal. I always thought that we would adopt again - someday. I thought maybe we'd wait a few years and then start again. (maybe for a little girl)

Adoptions in Guatemala are very much up in the air right now. The DOS is even suggesting that people shouldn't start adoptions from Guatemala. There is going to be a lot of changes going on in the near future, and no one knows what that is going to mean. Here's a link to the latest from the DOS.

http://www.guatadopt.com/archives/000600.html#000600

I think I might be grieving. I feel like I'm losing a child. It's the weirdest thing as we are in NO WAY ready to start another adoption. (financially, emotionally, physically, etc.) I just have this feeling that I may not have an opportunity to adopt another child from Guatemala and that makes me REALLY sad.

Pray for me....I need to figure out where God is leading me right now. I know his plans are bigger than mine. I need to trust in Him.

Oh - and I haven't talked to Jay about any of this, so keep your mouths shut!!! :)

15 comments:

JuJu - said...

You are in my prayers.
God knows your heart and he will answer your prayers:)

Julia:)

Michelle Smiles said...

I hope you find the answers you need to find peace.

As for Guat adoptions, I have a feeling there will be a period of instability (a year?) and then I think things will settle down again. These adoptions are the bread and butter for a lot of people in a very poor country - they won't stop entirely. Just my opinion.

Stephanie said...

i will be praying for you. and i kinda agree with michelle...it may unstable for a bit, but eventually they HAVE to keep adoptions open there. after being there on our pick up trip, i can def. say that adoptions are a way of life for so many of those people.

but..that doesn't lessen your pain now. hang in there!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I will for peace for mind for you!! You will find your answers.

Bekah said...

Man that's rough...praying for peace for you. I really pray that everything will settle down and more precious babies will get to come into our families.

Alleen said...

I also agree that I think they will institute some hague-compliant procedures(and I don't think necessarily the Protocol presented) and then things will settle down. By the time you're ready again, I bet it will be ok.

Crystal said...

hey hey--we were for sure separted at birth!!!--Okay here is the scoop--first of all --I had insomia too really bad when we were adopting!!! crazy eh?!!!

Okay--we are adopting again--we are doing the paper chase right now but I am just not that fast with two kiddos and we were all sick so I am already behind but I really am going to go crazy and get it done next week--we only have to have one visit to update our homestudy so it should not be that bad --but I know I am very worried about status of things in GUat right now and I keep thinking should we switch to VIetnam I even asked our homestudy person to apporve us for Vietnam too --Kim I am right there with you --I know that God will answer and he will lead us down the right path I am just going to keep seeking!!! hugs hugs hugs!!! :o)

Lori said...

Definately praying! You know that God is in control and He knows the desires of your heart! Keep leaning on Him and He will direct! Peace Out!!

Natalie said...

Kim, I will be praying for you to find answers and that you will feel at peace with them. Therefore, allowing you to sleep ;)

Katie said...

I hear ya -- I feel the same way !!

Natalie said...

Forgot to tell you...yes, that's Alison Krauss, "I Will".

Happy said...

Ooh, what an exciting decision for you to make! If I could talk hubby into international adoption I wouldn't hesitate.

Crystal said...

hey I will e-mail you back tonight I am so sorry --I am just so far behind!!! :o)

HollyGee said...

I'm not so worried about the Guat adoptions being halted. They can't afford to stop adoptions.

I totally understand what you are going through. We weren't expecting our surprise phone call but knew just what to do when we received it. We weren't ready but we found a way.

If you need to talk, I'm available.

Mindy said...

I know...it is so sad...what is going on down there. But I DO feel that in the future they will hopefully get everything together and adoptions will open back up, if they even shut down. I will pray for you! AND I hope you all feel better soon! We JUST got rid of the same sickies here.
Hugs