I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, July 16, 2006

India Journal Part 2

Here's my next journal entry from my business trip to India

June 9th (morning)

I was too tired to write last night! I slept really well the past two nights. The bed & pillows are amazing.

Dipankar (DP) and Ekta met us in the morning. We started out by going across the street to the Emporium. It's a government Emporium with wonderful things to purchase. They had everything and it's so big! We spent quite a bit of time there. I bought a few things, but want to go back. It's a little bit of a walk from the hotel (not bad) and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to go over there by myself on Sunday.

We then got in the car and went to India gate. It was hot! I started sweating the minute we stepped ouside to go shopping. I'm not sure if the clothes I brought are going to work! They are too thick and too dark. I hope my white capris will be ok for tomorrow.

From India gate we drove by the President's house. It was impressive. We then went to lunch. It was a wonderful little restaurant. I had DP order for me, and it was all delicious. They really went easy on me. The spices were wonderful, but not too strong. We then headed to Noida. The roads were just as crzy during the day as it was the night before. So many cars, so many people - just crazy. I can't figure out how the roads work. I've learned to not pay attention to where we are going or how our driver is driving.

I almost fell asleep in the car at this point. I had a full belly, it was hot, and we drove for awhille. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it. I can't evey describe everything I saw. Such poverty!! and then these amazing temples.

The Patni offices are nice. They are getting ready to move the Mercer folks into a new office soon. The traditional welcocme was really cool. We were greated with a wonderful necklace of fresh flowers. They smelled heavenly. We then lit this candle lamp thing.

We got to meet the team, had a cake cutting and did introductions. I then spent a couple of hours going through ePRISM with them. I didn't realize how late it was getting! I feel bad because we didn't take much of a break. It was really good, though. We then left the team to start working on some surveys.

We then went to dinner at a Thai restaurant. By this time it was 10:30pm I was so tired. On our way to the retaurant we were approached by a group of young children. One of the children was very handicapped. It looked like she didn't have any legs, and her one arm was severly deformed. They were a mess. So dirty, so thin.....of course DP told them to leave us alone in Hindi but it made me want to cry.

Dinner was wonderful but I was very glad to get back to the htel. I finally turned the light out at 12:30 am. I'm feeling pretty good this morning. Today is more sightseeing in the morning and then off to the office for more work.

So far my tummy is not upset with me, and hoping to keep it that way!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.