I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Friday, July 14, 2006

Not Adoption Related

Some of you know that I went to India in June on a business trip. It was amazing! I'm so glad I had an opportunity to go. I spent about 8 days total (travling and in the country) in New Delhi. I was there to meet and train a new group of employees that are going to be helping my team. We are excited about working with them, as we have too much to do, and our sales folks keep selling more work!! I did keep a journal while I was there, so I thought I'd share it with you guys. I have some pictures also.

June 7th/8th

I've arrived in Delhi after my 24 hours travling. I don't know how anyone would make that trip in coach. Business Class absolutely saved me. It was interesting flying on Air France. I've learned that I retained next to nothing of my french training. I had two scares. 1. In Paris, I went to baord the plane to Delhi and my boarding pass wasn't recognized. It took a couple minutes but they found me and let me baord the plane. 2. My bags were among the last bags to arrive in Delhi. Needless to say I was a little nervous! I was sweating waiting outside for the car at 11:00 at night. How am I going to handle the days? I'm so glad I got my haricut. R & B met me at the airport. They are both very nice and we had a nice conversation on the way to the hotel.

It was dark so I couldn't see much - but OH MY! I think I'm in for a rude awakening. The traffic was crazy. I saw big trucks (that drove very slow), big SUV type vehicles, tiny cars with lots of people shoved in, scooters, bikes, etc. Everyone goes where they want and honks their horns and flashes their lights. We drove down a street that had a variety of shops along the road. They were just closing up, and I've never seen any thing that looked that bad before. I did see a cow on the highway!

The hotel is beautiful! I have a nice big room. The room has very high ceilings. For $150 USD a night - it's amazing.

No comments: