I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Hubby

Ok - since Jay never reads this blog - I get to talk about him.

Jay and I met in college in the marching band. He was the first guy I "saw" at college and I thought he was cute. After a couple of months of getting to know him and hanging out (as all us band geeks did) our friend Joa basically told him that if he didn't ask me out, she would beat him up. (and she could have!!)

Jay and I started dating at the end of October 1990 (geesh! am I really that old???) and that was pretty much it. I knew after a few months that this was the guy I was gong to spend the rest of my life with. We got married in June of '95 in a wonderful wedding. (that I would do ALL over again - my mom and I didn't even have one fight!)

Most people don't "get" Jay. In many ways he is the exact opposite of me - but in others ways we are exactly the same. He is very introverted, shy, uncomfortable around people he doesn't know, doesn't outwardly show much emotion, etc. He balances me pretty well.

Most of my friends think I'm very spoiled, and I have to agree with them. Jay takes such great care of me. From cooking, to cleaning, to making me laugh (every day!). I can't imagine being with anyone else. He's my best friend!

Ok - now I'm crying (yeah - Jay's not outwardly emotional - but I am). Now I'm looking forward to getting to know him as a dad. :)

No comments: