I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

We Have Pre-Approval!!!

So - as you learned from a previous post, I was bad and emailed the US Embassy in Guatemala to check on our Pre-Approval about a week earlier than I was supposed to.

I got the following email today from them.

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. H.,We are happy to let you know that we have issued your pre-approval on July03,06 and that your attorney has already picked it up. Your case should now be in or about to be filed in PGN. Regards, The Adoptions Unit paoU.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service "

YEAH!!! So they only took about a week and half to issue PA. That's really quick.

Some of you may be wondering why we didn't know about it. When the Embassy issues PA they are supposed to email the petitioners (Jay and I), our agency and our attorney. Sometimes they don't put the email address in correctly, or sometimes the email gets blocked as spam. As far as we know, our agency didn't get the email either. The good news is that either our attorney in Guatemala got the email, or they happened to be at the window and was able to pick it up.

Either way - this is good news. We are now just waiting to hear if we are out of Family Court. Once we are, then we get submitted to PGN. That's where the real wait begins. PGN used to take 4-6 weeks, but it's now averaging about 8-12 weeks. More hurry up and wait.

No comments: