I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Friday, September 14, 2007

My Amazing Kid

I'm sure every parent feels this way, but I'm just amazed with Alex.

I just watch him play and just can't believe that this amazing kid is mine. He is so funny, smart, kind (when he's not hitting me across the face), sweet, independent...(and I could go on and on)

Here are a couple of the amazing things he's done this week. (and no, I don't have pictures as I just can't seem to remember to get the camera out!!)

Alex was playing with a DVD cover. Inside was an advertisement for other Disney DVDs. There was Cars, Little Mermaid, Pirates, etc.) He kept pointing to the Cars picture and signing cars. Then, all of the sudden, he gasped, threw the advertisement on the floor and took off down the hallway. I didn't think anything of it. He came running back down the hallway holding his Cars Book. He then pointed to the Cars on his book and the cars in the advertisement!! How smart is he????

Yesterday he was drinking water out of straw (a McDonald's straw to be exact). He then looked down at the straw (which was white with a yellow and red stripe). He looked up at me, pointed to the red stripe and signed red!!! My 16 month old knows a color!!! :)

Tonight he and I were playing on the floor. I asked him to give me a kiss. He shook his head no and started laughing. I kept asking for kisses - he kept shaking his head and laughing. I then started to pretend like I was crying. He stopped laughing, cocked his head, looked at me and then came in with a kiss. Is he starting to show some empathy? (he then later threw his head back while he was in my lap, busted my lip and then proceeded to hit me across the face twice - so maybe not!!)

20 more days until Guatoberfest. I'm getting so excited!!!!!

5 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

Smart, funny, and cute - triple threat!

Kerry said...

Wow. He IS amazing! I'm glad to know I don't have the toddler who slaps his Mommy across the face. And that head...oh, the head. They can fling that thing back and put you out like a light!

Kerry said...

..the only toddler that is. It's late.

Bekah said...

he is very smart. i'm impressed! and I too am glad to know i am not the only mom that gets slapped across the face.

Karen D. said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I am excited about meeting you at Guatoberfest too! It will also be fun to meet another AHH family!

I totally understand about your amazing son! I feel the same way about Abbie! She is my Sunshine!

Hugs!
Karen