I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Friday, September 21, 2007

The World is Coming to an End!

For those of you who know me - you know that I don't cook. I'm just not good at it - and Jay is excellent at it!!



But, guilt has taken over. Since I don't work on Thursdays and Fridays I've decided that I have to step up and try this cooking thing. I have HUGE reservations about my abilities. I usually overcook things, I NEVER get everything done at the same time, I have to have recipes (Jay hardly ever cooks from a recipe), and I don't know what half of the cooking terms mean.



So, today I went to http://www.menus4moms.com/. I looked around and found a couple of items that I thought I could handle. I came up with something to make for tonight and something to make next week.



Tonight we had Baked Ranch Chicken and Bacon Ranch Zucchini. It was pretty good. The zucchini was better than I expected - I sort of like zucchini (and mostly in bread) and I actually ate my whole helping!



Then for dessert we had Jell-O Parfait. And - the dork that I am - I took a picture!










I also bought Alex his first potty today!! He's not ready to potty train yet - but I wanted to get it in the house so I had it when he showed signs. He had a lot of fun playing with it.








I have a video of Alex playing that won't load tonight - I'll try tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Well, I think your parfait looks great :) I am a horrible cook -- I mean, really, really bad, so it is hard! Michael is better than me, but he's not exactly a chef either!

Love the new potty -- now you can make up dorky potty songs like I do all the time!!!!

Michelle Smiles said...

The parfait looks super yummy! And kudos to you for giving cooking a try.

Happy said...

Great job! I do cook (sometimes not that well), but it is hard to try recipes and to meal plan. Great job!!!

And yeah with the potty! My friend has this Sesame potty DVD and I was cracking up when he sang the "potty blues".

I'm gearing up for PSU!!!

Soltana said...

Good job on the cooking!!! The parfaits look YUMMY!!

That's the same potty Cerah is getting :)

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Your fruit dessert looks delicious. Good for you on the cooking. Sounds yummy! I love to cook and bake, but don't have too much time to do so now.

We got Savannah the same potty. She loves to play with it. We are not potty training yet either, but I want her to have positive associations with it and not be afraid. She does know when her diaper is dirty and knocks on the gate to go upstairs and then goes to her changing table. That may be a first step.