I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Alex and the Doctor

Well, we took Alex to the International Adoption Pediatrician today. This is the doctor that has been going over Alex's medical updates since we got his referral.

It was a big day for Alex. We had a 1 1/2 hour drive to Lexington (and had to leave early). He then got weighed, measured, etc. Dr. Taylor then gave him a physical and asked us lots of questions about his developmental milestones.

As we already knew - he was declared perfect. :) He then had a TB test and they had to draw about 5 tubes of blood. That was an experience. They couldn't find a vein, and the first time they stuck him, it didn't work. He SCREAMED!!! It was horrible. He promptly went to sleep when we got back in the car.

On the way home we decided to stop at Jay's work so they could see him. It was a little earlier than I had originally planned, but he loved it. (He's a ham, and I think he likes the attention)

He's asleep already - but it was a big day!

No comments: