I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, October 12, 2006

We're Official

We got Alex's Visa today! It was delivered to us at the hotel just like our agency told us it would be. We also got two packets of materials that we aren't allowed to open. We have to hand it over to immigration when we get to the states.

I did feel a sense of relief when they handed it back over to me. It's done....done....done!!!!

I think my mom is going crazy. She's not the "hang out in the hotel and relax" kind of person. She likes to be out doing things, and there isn't much to go out and do. We did hit the shops behind the Marriott this afternoon for a little bit. We mostly wanted to check out what they had and what the prices were like before we head to Antigua.

We leave at 9:00 tomorrow morning for Antigua. I'm looking forward to it. We have a personal driver who is coming to pick us up. We've heard wonderful things about him from more than one person, so we're looking forward to the day. I just hope it doesn't rain.

Alex did better today. He ate better and he slept better. We are having problems with some mini-melt downs - mostly when he is tired. I still haven't figured out his cues yet, as he will be playing and happy one second and the next be MAD!!!! He's starting to take the pacifier a little bit. I'm hoping that can help him through this transition. I don't know if we just have him off of his schedule, if he's a little older and more opinionated, or if he's grieving.

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow from our trip. Alex is asleep (without an evening bottle) and I think he's out for the night. We'll see what time he wakes me up!

No comments: