I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mommy Brain

Ok - I officially had my first case of mommy brain yesterday.

So, yesterday was the first time (except for the embassy appointment) that I had to get myself, Alex (and sort of Jay) ready to go early in the morning. We wanted to leave by 8:00. Alex has no schedule, so I wasn't sure what he was going to do. I got everything I could prepared the night before. I packed the diaper bag - made sure I had plenty of diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, toys, blankets, and bottles. I made sure that I had all of the paperwork that we received from Guatemala that the doctor might be interested in. I had Alex's clothes picked out. I had his morning bottle made. I had my clothes picked out.

So, the morning comes, and we are getting ready. I had about 15 minutes to get ready. I grabbed my clothes, socks and shoes. Out the door we went.

We get to the parking garage, get Alex out of the car, and start walking into the building. Something wasn't right. I didn't know what it was, but it was bothering me. Then I looked down.

I had two different shoes on!!!! I have two pairs of brown leather slides that are pretty similar. I obviously picked up one of each kind of shoe. (amazingly different feet!) It wasn't totally obvious. Someone would have to really be staring at my fee to notice it. The problem for me is that they have slightly different soles, so I was walking slightly off all day.

I'm sure that was the first of many times I'll be doing something like that!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

that's classic!! the first mommy brain story! i love it!
i am so happy about alex's appt!
loves!!