I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Grey's Anatomy

I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. I mean LOVE. I think it's the greatest show I've watched in a long time. I love watching it, I love talking to people about it, I love the characters, I love the writing...I think you get the picture.

When we were waiting the 6 hours in the Dallas airport on our way to Guatemala, I went into one of the bookstores to get some snacks. I found a Grey's Anatomy book. The premise is that half of it is written by Joe - the bartender, and half is written by Debbie - one of the nurses. It's supposed to tell the stories from their perspectives.

I bought it and was so excited to start reading it.

IT IS HORRIBLE!!!! HORRIBLE!!!! I've never read anything this bad before. I'm not sure who actually wrote it as there is no "author," but I think this person didn't make it past 2nd grade in terms of their writing skills. I just can't believe I spent money on this thing.

The worst part is that I have a hard time not finishing a book - even if I don't like it. (I also have to finish watching a tv show, movie, etc. even if I don't really like it - Jay thinks I like closure) I keep picking the book up and reading a few more pages. I'm not sure what I'm expecting. Do I expect that the book is magically going to get better?

Fair warning to all of you GA fans - don't buy this book!!

No comments: