I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, August 24, 2006

And We're Off!!

Well - can you believe it - we leave tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

We're all packed. I did really well. We are actually taking one less suitcase than I thought we were going to need. (thanks Margaret for the advice!!)

I have worked too much this week, and haven't gotten much sleep (4 hours last night). Add to that the stress and excitement I'm feeling, and I'm an emotional wreck.

So, I had what I call an emotional outburst. (Jay called it an emotional breakdown) Ok - so here's what happened. I got home and started pulling things together that we need to take with us. I knew exactly where my passport was, and the last time I had checked, Jay's passport was in our adoption folder. I got the folder out and couldn't find it. It wasn't there. I started panicking. Jay went back upstairs and came down with it and said - here it is. I calmed down. Then I looked at it. It wasn't Jay's passport - it was my old passport. I start freaking again. And I mean FREAKING!! By this time I'm starting to cry, and my heart was beating so quickly, I thought I was going to lose it. I took the adoption folder and spilled it out on the floor and started pawing through it. By this time I'm bawling - I mean crying so hard you can't breathe. I couldn't find it. All I could think about was not being able to go on the trip!!!! Jay had brought down another bag that some of our adoption stuff had been put into. I dumped that out on the floor also, and there it was....that perfect little blue book.

By this time the tears were just streaming down my face. I couldn't breathe - but I was starting to calm down. I literally had to sit on the floor for about 5 minutes trying to do some slow breathing to get myself back under control. It was horrible. Poor Jay - I think he's really worried about me.

I do have to say that I felt much better after I was done. I think I needed a good cry.

Hopefully we will be able to post from Guatemala. I'm hoping that I'll be able to post some pictures - so check back here tomorrow night!!

No comments: