I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Support

I've always felt like I've been very lucky. I've always been surrounded by a wonderful family, and I've always found good friends.

I was born and raised in the same town. I didn't move around. I made "friends" once and that was kind of it. (small town - you know everyone). Each time I moved (college, first job, married and in Columbus, Louisville, Simpsonville) I was worried that I wouldn't find a good friend. Each time, I was blessed with friends.

This journey through adoption has shown me how important it is to have family and friends who are supportive. I've heard of so many people who are adopting who aren't getting that support. They have family members who don't understand - who don't think adoption is a good idea - who say evil things about the child - who refuse to have anything to do with the child. It's just horrible.

I've been blessed with family and friends who have been nothing but supportive. It's been wonderful. This process is stressful...and I can't imagine having to go through it without the support of my family and friends.

So to all of you that I consider to be family or friend (you know who you are) THANK YOU!!

No comments: