I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Shopping and Stuff

Well - I had a successful shopping trip on Saturday. I think I got everything we will need for Alex. I also got the Foster Mom gifts. I have most of Alex's stuff packed, I just need to figure out what to bring for Jay and I. We will be spending most of our time in the room, so I want to be comfortable. I guess I need to make a list!!

I've basically decided that I won't get an updated picture or medical update before we leave. I'm so glad we are going on this trip, otherwise I think I'd be going crazy right now!

Hopefully my boss isn't reading this (and if you are, Joyce - Hi!!) but I'm not sure I'm going to be very productive next week. Oh well, I look at this as my "doctor's appointments" that I would have had if I was pregnant.

Jay and I are getting CPR trained next Wednesday. I'm adult certified, but we are required to be Infant certified before we bring Alex home.

I've met a couple of people on the forum I'm on that are adopting from Guatemala, live in Louisville and are using our agency. It's been wonderful to converse with them. I'm actually meeting one of them on Thursday for dinner. I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice to talk with someone who understands my acronyms and obsessions.

Oh - and because I know that many of you are losing sleep over this - I've decided to stick with the paint on the bookcase and changing table. It's been growing on me, Jay likes it, and Michelle likes it. I still need to buy one more roll of the border, get the border up, and then I'm ready to put the room together.

(and 10 days until we leave!!)

No comments: