I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Our First Night

Well - we made it through our first night. Alex did wonderful yesterday. He's such a happy baby. He didn't take as long of naps as the foster mother said he would, but he was very pleasant all day. We went for a couple of walks and took him to dinner (Jay ate the buffet, and I ordered off of the menu).

He took his last bottle at 8:45. We laid him in his crib at 9:10 and he talked himself to sleep. He didn't fuss, or cry or anything. Like clockwork he woke up at 3:00 - took another bottle, and then put himself back to sleep. I didn't do bad. I think I only got up about 10 times to check to see if he was still breathing.

He doesn't lay still in his sleep, and ends up sideways in the crib with his head to the side. I kept worrying that he was going to end up with his face in the crib bumper.

We went to breakfast this morning in the middle of his nap time. He started getting cranky, so Jay took him up to the room as I finished paying.

Jay has been amazing. He's spent quite a bit of time with him alone, and has put him to sleep a couple of times. The bouncy seat has been a HUGE hit and I'm glad we made room for it. He absolutely loves it, and we didn't even bring batteries to make it vibrate.

After his morning nap we are going to attempt to give him his first bath.

Technology is not working in our favor, as our laptop's hard drive has crashed. We won't be able to post pictures until we get back.

No comments: